**Deadline to apply is April 3rd.**
Interns play a key role in helping us further what we do as an organization and in expanding our ability to fulfill our mission: to invest in the coffee farms of families in Rwanda to create generational change.
Our goals for interns are threefold: that they grow as individuals, professionally and personally; that they help us achieve more than we otherwise could; and that they become deeper advocates of the work that we do and the individuals we partner with around the globe.
– Create social media and print content using Adobe
– Writing copy for fundraising campaigns
– Reach out to blogs, press outlets, and influentials on social media for campaign promotion
– Writing drafts for the Kula blog weekly
– Assist in website updates (SquareSpace)
– Researching blogs, websites, social media connections for Kula
– Help generate and maintain monthly Kula newsletters
– Assist in any applicable fundraising opportunities
This most important quality in this position is creativity. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, proven writing and journalism skills, experience with Adobe and Squarespace, and in-depth knowledge with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest promotions.
-Internships are 2-12 months in length, depending on season.
-Internship applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
-Internships are unpaid.
-Internships are available in part time (20-25 hrs/week) or full time (40 hrs/week) capacity.
-College credit is available and recommended for the internship. We suggest that you start talking with your school advisor now about the steps necessary for this. We are more than willing to fill out the needed paperwork to ensure that you get academic credit for your work with us.
– This is a preferred Atlanta-based internship with at least one day in our Atlanta office. However, given the nature of this specific internship, it can be done virtually. Should you decide to be based in Atlanta for the summer, you will be required to provide your own housing and transportation.
We want to know who you are!!
What do you like, what do you dream about, what drives you crazy? We want to get to know your personality, your style, and see what you’re about. Be honest. Be yourself. Please choose 6 of the following questions to answer- 3 in writing, 3 in video. Keep writing to half page or less per question, and video to 2 minutes or less per question. This is not a test on video editing or filmmaking. Please upload to a website such as YouTube or Vimeo and include the link in your application. We’re looking for you to tell us the answer to the question in a casual way- think of it as your chance to send us a glimpse of an interview with you.
- If you could wake up tomorrow and be anywhere in the world that you’ve never been, where would it be, and why?
- If you could pick one theme song for your life, what would it be, and why?
- What would the ideal Sunday look like for you?
- What is the best book you’ve read in the last year? Why?
- Tell us about one moment that changed the course of your life.
- What do you know about Rwanda and its history?
- Tell us about 3 websites that you frequent most
- What is the biggest need in our current world?
- Tell us about the sweetest place you’ve ever travelled to.
- What is one question you would like to ask us?
Please submit your application to Sarah@kulaproject.org. Your email should include the following:
- Your resume,
- Your completed list of questions with links to your videos,
- One sample blog post,
- 5 Sample images of content you have created for social media use.